The purpose of load control is granting a safe operation of every flight in respect to the weight and balance of the aircraft. We must make sure that any dangerous goods and/or miscellaneous special loads are loaded according to regulations. By correct loading of baggage, we ensure that passenger baggage is delivered on time after arrival and the transfer of baggage connecting to other flights is granted. Load control can be performed manually or on a EDP system. Every load controller must be able to issue manual documents in case of system failure. Below you find the purpose of the documents which have to be issued for every flight.
The purpose of the pre-calculation is:
– Calculation of the estimated volume and weight needed for loading the baggage and mail.
– Best economical offer to the cargo department about weight and volume available for cargo.
– Calculation of the estimated weight of the aircraft. The dispatcher or commander needs this information to calculate the amount of fuel needed for a flight.
– According to these calculation we can get prepared for eventual considerations to be taken in case of weight or volume problems we might encounter.
The pre-calculation is mandatory in case of manual load sheet, if the load sheet is calculated on an EDP system, it is optional.
The purpose of the loading instruction is to distribute the planned load for a flight making sure:
– The aircraft will be loaded according to our instructions.
– The centre of gravity will be within given limits.
– Tail tipping of the aircraft is avoided.
– Dangerous goods and miscellaneous special loads are loaded according to instructions.
– The load is loaded and offloaded in the correct priority sequence.
The purpose of the load sheet is:
– Weight calculation of the actual load on an aircraft, making sure structural and operational aircraft weight limits are not exceeded.
– Centre of gravity calculation of an aircraft, making sure the balance of the aircraft is within given limits.
– Information to the crew about weight, balance and passengers on an aircraft.
Notification to Captain
The notification to the captain (NOTOC) shows all dangerous goods and miscellaneous special loads which are loaded on an aircraft. This information is important for crew in order to take the correct procedure considerations in case of incidents.
Dispatch of necessary messages after departure of the aircraft.
– Safety always has first priority!
– Priority sequence of economy punctuality and passenger comfort depends on the situation.
– Correct application of load control rules has priority over other station work, including punctuality.