How to Open an Airtel Payments Bank Savings Account?
Open doors to a world of new opportunities and facilities with an Airtel Payments Bank Savings Account. This one-of-a-kind banking solution comes with a host of exciting features and benefits that are sure to make your banking life easier. You can open an Airtel Payments Bank savings account within a few minutes by following an entirely online and paperless process that can be carried out within minutes. Once you have done so, you can say goodbye to traditional banking problems.
Airtel Payments Bank Savings Account Opening Process
You can open an Airtel Payments Bank Savings Account by following the below-mentioned steps.
- Open the Airtel Thanks app and then click on the ‘Video KYC’ icon that you will see to get the ball rolling.
- Next, you will need to feed in your personal details and verify your Aadhaar and PAN details to get to the next step.
- After that, just get on a one-minute-long video call with one of Airtel’s banking professionals. They will be available to take your call on all seven days of the week between 10am to 9pm. It would be wise to keep your PAN card handy for this part of the account opening process.
- Finally, Et Voila! Once you complete step #3 successfully, you will receive your bank details along with your virtual debit card.
You must make a note of the fact that it is possible that your Video KYC process may get suspended in between. This can happen due to poor network connection or other extraneous factors. If such a scenario arises, don’t worry! You can start your video KYC process again and get it done. If your account is activated and operational, the bank will get in touch with you soon.
Features and Benefits of an Airtel Payments Bank Savings Account
A savings account with Airtel Payments Bank comes with a host of facilities such as:
- Easy access to the banking related services over 5 lakh banking points throughout the country.
- You can earn interest of up to 2.5% per annum if you have upto ₹1 lakh in your account. If your bank account balance is anywhere between ₹1-2 lakhs, you will earn 6%.
- You also get free personal accidental insurance cover of ₹1lakh as a Airtel Payments Bank Savings Account Holder. This insurance will be valid for a year and is courtesy of Bharti AXA life insurance.
- There is no need to maintain a minimum balance in your account.
- You will also get a virtual debit card through which you will be able to withdraw from over 1 lakh ATMs from all over the country without having a physical debit card. This virtual debit card is powered by MasterCard or you can use it at any store that accepts MasterCard.
Other features of an Airtel Payments Bank savings account include the ability to do mobile/DTH recharges and send money to others through either UPI or traditional fund transfer methods. What’s more, you will also receive personalised offers on your Airtel Thanks app every single day. These offers will allow you to shop at merchants or pay your bills and get cashback in return for making transactions through your account.