San Domenico Palace is ideally positioned on the hilltop town of Taormina on the jap shores of Sicily, overlooking the Bay of Taormina and the Ionian Sea. The resort features many terraces with distinct views of the encompassing waters, as very well as Mount Etna, a UNESCO Planet Heritage Internet site, a seaside club, lush gardens, and quite a few dining places and bars together with the two-Michelin Star Restaurant, Principe Cerami.
The hotel contains of an historical Dominican monastery from the 15th century, as nicely as a Grand Lodge Wing that was added in 1896. Guest rooms and general public areas attribute original architecture and facades from the historic constructing. Regarded as a person of the most famous motels in the earth, San Domenico Palace welcomed notable guests together with Oscar Wilde, Elizabeth Taylor, and DH Lawrence, among the quite a few other individuals. Alongside with idyllic all-natural environment, Taormina is also home to plenty of historical attractions, which include an ancient Greek Theatre and the Corvaja Palace from the medieval era.
“San Domenico Palace is an incredible property in a person of Italy’s most historic and charming destinations, and to extend our presence in the location with this iconic residence is a privilege,” claims John Davison, President and CEO, 4 Seasons Accommodations and Resorts. “Following many several years of effective partnership with Gruppo Statuto by way of our resort in Milan, it is an honour that they have picked Four Seasons to regulate this lovely lodge, and we appear forward to collaborating jointly on this new challenge and welcoming company to a new Four Seasons practical experience at the San Domenico Palace.”
“We are quite fired up to announce the upcoming chapter of the San Domenico Palace as a Four Seasons resort. We trust that by means of our crucial financial commitment in the refurbishment of all hotel parts, retaining the ambiance of the historic Convento and the beautiful Palazzo, will perfectly match Four Seasons legendary support, building the most successful visitor experience,” says Giuseppe Statuto, operator of Gruppo Statuto. “Taormina is an incredible spot, and we search ahead to exhibiting attendees equally aged and new all that the region has to supply in partnership with Four Seasons.”
San Domenico Palace, Taormina, A Four Seasons Lodge will be led by Lorenzo Maraviglia as Normal Manager. Lorenzo joined Four Seasons in 2015 at 4 Seasons Vacation resort Dubai Jumeirah Seaside as the Director of Foods and Beverage, in advance of moving to 4 Seasons Resort Dubai Intercontinental Economic Centre as Hotel Manager. Lorenzo has been on the ground in Taormina for the previous numerous months overseeing the preopening of the lodge and constructing a staff to quickly welcome friends to the newest Four Seasons encounter in Italy.
Pursuing extensive renovations, the lodge will reopen with 111 visitor rooms and suites, a new seashore club and cafe, along with the two-Michelin Star Restaurant, Principe Cerami, as properly as enhancements to the present amenities and public locations. The resort will also consist of a state-of-the-artwork spa with seven cure rooms, an indoor pool, and a Turkish Tub. Friends can appear forward to excellent service and up to date amenities when checking out San Domenico Palace, Taormina, a Four Seasons Lodge, even though retaining the atmosphere and attract of the hotel’s historic surroundings.
About Gruppo Statuto
Gruppo Statuto owns and develops luxury Accommodations at the prime stage of the sector. The Group’s action also contains household as very well as Higher Avenue retail developments equally in Roma and in Milano. Gruppo Statuto owns some of the most iconic luxurious 5-stars inns in the state, between other people, the nicely recognized Hotel 4 Seasons Milano, the Legendary Lodge Danieli in Venice which will before long go through an significant refurbishment and other Hotel tasks which are below progress in Roma and Milano town centres.
About 4 Seasons Motels and Resorts
Founded in 1960, 4 Seasons Inns and Resorts is committed to perfecting the journey encounter as a result of continual innovation and the best benchmarks of hospitality. At this time running 117 resorts and resorts, and 44 household qualities in important town centres and resort destinations in 47 nations around the world, and with extra than 50 assignments beneath planning or improvement, Four Seasons persistently ranks among the the world’s very best accommodations and most prestigious makes in reader polls, traveller reviews and industry awards. For more information and reservations, take a look at fourseasons.com. For the most up-to-date information, check out push.fourseasons.com and adhere to @FourSeasonsPR on Twitter.
About 4 Seasons Historic Resorts
The 4 Seasons selection of exclusive and architecturally significant heritage motels consists of structures whose origins assortment from the fifteenth to the early twentieth centuries:
- Four Seasons Lodge Casa Medina Bogotá, made in 1946 by famed Medellin-born architect Santiago Medina Mejia whose characteristic stained glass home windows adorn the exterior
- Four Seasons Resort Firenze, sensitively tailored in excess of ten several years from two Renaissance palaces and established in an idyllic 11-acre garden
- Four Seasons Resort Gresham Palace, an Artwork Nouveau landmark in the remarkable town of Budapest
- 4 Seasons Lodge Istanbul at Sultanahmet, housed in a century-old neo-classical prison
- 4 Seasons Resort Istanbul at the Bosphorus, reworked from a nineteenth century former Ottoman palace
- Four Seasons Hotel George V Paris, the famous eight tale landmark created in 1928
- 4 Seasons Hotel Lion Palace St. Petersburg, a thoroughly restored 19th century palace
- Four Seasons Lodge Prague, comprised of a number of riverside multi-era properties
- 4 Seasons Hotel Moscow, previously the iconic Lodge Moskva
- Grand-Hôtel du Cap-Ferrat, a 4 Seasons Lodge, the Côte d’Azur’s most legendary palace resort, initially opened in 1908
- Four Seasons Lodge at The Surf Club, the previous social club that hosted the likes of Elizabeth Taylor and Frank Sinatra, at first opened on New Year’s Eve 1930 and re-opened as a Four Seasons working experience in 2017
- Four Seasons Lodge London at Ten Trinity Sq., the former Port of London Authority, a Quality II listed heritage setting up overlooking the Thames River
- Four Seasons Astir Palace Hotel Athens, the former legendary Astir Palace south of Athens, now the to start with 4 Seasons resort in Greece
- 20 Grosvenor Sq., A Four Seasons Home, the former household of the US Naval Forces in Europe and now the first 4 Seasons standalone Personal Residence
Impending historic restorations include things like the initial Four Seasons expertise in Spain with the opening of 4 Seasons Hotel and Private Residences Madrid and the third 4 Seasons knowledge in Colombia with Four Seasons Resort and Non-public Residences Cartagena.
Supply Four Seasons Hotels and Resorts