Are you recently married and ready to explore different honeymoon destinations together? Let’s discuss some romantic getaways. Over time, memories will become priceless.
Here are 7 top travel destinations for newly wedded couples. You could go to these places in India and create memories for a lifetime with your life partner. A honeymoon, apart from being romantic and exciting, should also be safe and secure, and that is why you must buy an online travel insurance plan. With travel insurance, exploring these destinations can become an even more wonderful experience.
7 Romantic Destinations For Your Honeymoon
- McLeodganj: A romantic hill station destination that is a perfect blend of leisure and travel. It’s beautiful, and your photos will say 1,000 words each! You can easily book a mountain-view hotel and head to this attractive destination. Is trekking on your mind too? McLeodganj also excels at that.
- Shillong: Shillong is perfect for a “honeymoon in Scotland” feeling without leaving India! This hill station, nicknamed “Scotland of the East,” is romantic. Shillong will fulfil your dream of holding your partner’s hand and walking winding roads past waterfalls, lakes, and wilderness!
- Andaman: If you’re planning a holiday that’s around 10 to 15 days, the Andamans can be an ideal destination for your honeymoon. This place creates lasting memories with scuba diving, snorkelling, and candlelit dinners. Havelock Island is a top Andamans destination. Travel between islands by cruise.
- Goa: Goa has everything- seafood, white-sand beaches, great stays, delicious food, and partying. North Goa is the place to dance with your partner all night. South Goa is ideal for a more intimate getaway. Goa’s palm-lined roads are perfect for renting a car or bike. Your online travel insurance plan can be there for you if anything untoward were to happen.
- Kerala: Kerala is the perfect mix of serene and romance. “God’s Own Country” offers unique beaches, waterfalls, forests, the Western Ghats, and, most importantly, backwaters. You can stay on houseboats and enjoy great food, spa treatments, and live music, all afloat! Visit Allepy, Kovalam, and Kollam in Kerala.
- Jammu & Kashmir: Answer the mountains! A honeymoon in Jammu & Kashmir is a great plan. Imagine the two of you on a Shikara, enjoying the mountains and the steersman’s songs. Jammu & Kashmir is the perfect romantic getaway with its snow-capped mountains and green valleys.
- Rajasthan: Rajasthan is quite a popular destination for honeymoon couples. Experience an exuberant and traditional getaway and try out some fantastic cuisines. Every city—Udaipur, Jaipur, Jodhpur, Bikaner, and Jaisalmer—is different.
Now that you are aware of these beautiful Indian honeymoon destinations, which one would you pick?
Wait. Before you book your tickets, do consider buying online travel insurance too. For international destinations, you must consider overseas travel insurance. Travel insurance covers the costs and losses associated with travelling. *
Travel insurance coverage
Wondering what is covered by travel insurance? Here are a few pointers:
- It covers financial losses from trip cancellation or delays due to family illness, injury, or death. *
- Travel insurance offers protection against financial risks and covers your medical expenses if you fall sick while travelling. *
- Travel insurance protects your passport and luggage. Some insurers arrange temporary passports. *
- Emergency evacuation, expenses arising due to a natural calamity or terrorist activities, including the return flights home, may be covered. *
- It may cover the personal liability caused due to negligence resulting in a loss or damage to property or injury to a third person or travelling party. *
* Standard T&C Apply
While overseas travel insurance may be mandatory for some international destinations, for domestic travel, there may be no such compulsion yet.
However, even for your domestic trips, you can check travel insurance policies and premiums online. A lot of websites have a free online travel insurance premium calculator. So whether you want to check the premium for Goa or Rajasthan or compare the premiums for multiple overseas destinations (like Singapore travel insurance vs Dubai), use the premium calculator for a quick look at the premiums.
Insurance is the subject matter of solicitation. For more details on benefits, exclusions, limitations, terms and conditions, please read sales brochure/policy wording carefully before concluding a sale.